Alumni and Fellows 2021
Call for Entries
- -Open to all alumni and all former Fellows
- -Submitted work may not have been made during a program at CFC
Exhibition Dates and Venue
January 22 - April 7, 2021 at the Messler Gallery
Design and Selection Criteria
- -Furniture and furnishings, turning, carving, and sculpture are welcome.
- -Work must have wood as its primary material.
- -Jurors will select work that achieves excellence in design and fabrication.
- -Submissions must be completed works, not drawings or models.
- -Submissions must have been made within the past five years.
- -Submissions may not have been previously exhibited at the Messler Gallery.
Tib Shaw, Curator, American Association of Woodturners
Josh Vogel, Artist/Designer JV LLC//. BCMT Co
Jeremy Zietz, Principal Designer, Steelcase
- -Submissions are to be made through entrythingy via (link on our website).
- -Each applicant may submit up to three pieces, and up to four images per piece.
- -Only one piece per applicant may be accepted.
- -Image file size is not important but should be no larger than 2mg; jpegs and pdfs are preferred.
- -ENTRYTHINGY instructions:
- -Each piece = 1 Entry
- -Each Entry allows for 3 additional views of that piece
- -You may enter up to 3 Entries (3 pieces)
- -After uploading your images please double check how your entry will look by clicking 'see jury view' on the right side of the page.
- -When satisfied, hit 'Submit Entry.'
- -An 'Add Entry' button will appear in the upper right corner, if you would like to add another piece.
- -There is no charge to submit for this call.
Entries must be received by September 1, 2020
September 1, 2020 Deadline for submissions
September 16, 2020 Finalists selected for gallery show and all entrants notified of results
January 14-15, 2021 Delivery of work to Messler Gallery
January 22, 2021 Opening of Messler Gallery exhibition
April 7, 2021 Exhibition ends at Messler Gallery
Work does not need to be for sale.
Exhibitors agree to pay a 25% commission on work sold outright from the exhibition and a 10% commission on any orders taken as a result of the show.
Exhibitors are responsible for arranging the delivery and return of the works to be exhibited, as well as for any crating or packing expense, but CFC will cover the costs of round-trip freight and insurance, within reason.
If you have questions, please contact Messler Gallery Manager, Victoria Allport at email@example.com or 207-594-5611.