Workshop Assistantships are available for periods of six to ten weeks during the extensive program of one-week and two-week workshops that we offer from June through October. The hours are long and the learning and career opportunities can be invaluable.
- Working with, and learning from, outstanding professionals in a wide variety of woodworking disciplines
- Teaching experience
- Compensation at $12.15/hour plus overtime, for an approximate total of $600.00/week
The most important qualification is a friendly, helpful personality. After that, we look at your woodworking experience, commitment, and personal goals. We want to be sure the assistantship will be of maximum value to you.
The work done by Assistants is essential to the successful outcome of the Workshops. Responsibilities include:
- monitoring student safety in the machine room
- running errands
- helping students one-on-one with their work
- building jigs and fixtures
- attending lectures and demonstrations
- shop and machine maintenance
- keeping bathrooms clean on a daily basis
- preparing materials for faculty demonstrations
- setting up and taking down special events
- participating in daily shop clean up and weekend changeovers
Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., plus as much as a full day over the weekend. In addition, Workshop Assistants help out with two evening events each week: the Monday night faculty presentation and the Thursday night potluck.
Assistantships are available for periods of six to ten weeks from June through October.
To apply please submit the following:
- Your resumé
- Digital images of your work
- A letter stating your reasons for applying and your goals as a woodworker
- The names and telephone numbers of three references
- An indication of when you are available between June 1 and October 20
Applications should be e-mailed by March 15, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification will be sent by April 1, 2021.