One assistantship is available for each of the three twelve-week Furniture Intensives and the eight-week Turning Intensive that are offered throughout the year. Hours are generally Monday through Friday, from 9:00-5:00, although they sometimes shift to provide Saturday coverage.
- Working with, and learning from, outstanding professionals
- Teaching experience
- Compensation at $550/week
- Available housing stipend of $125/week
- Personal bench space
Intensive Assistantships are primarily intended for graduates of our Furniture Intensives, Turning Intensives, and Nine-month Comprehensive, although reasonably experienced furniture makers from outside of our graduate pool are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- monitoring student safety in the machine room,
- running errands
- helping students one-on-one with their work
- building jigs and fixtures
- attending lectures and demonstrations
- shop, machine, and facilities maintenance
- preparing materials for faculty demonstrations, and
- participating in daily shop cleanup
To apply please submit the following:
- Your resumé
- Digital images of your work
- A letter stating your reasons for applying and your goals as a woodworker
Applications are due four months to the day before the course you want to assist begins. They should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification will be made within two weeks.