Responsibilities: The Facilities Assistant works under the direction of the Facilities Manager to maintain the buildings, grounds, and equipment in topnotch condition. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, including carpentry and painting
- Maintenance and repair of woodworking machinery and other equipment
- Maintenance of grounds
- Snow removal and ice control
- Materials handling and preparation
- Hazmat collection
- Weekend workshop turnovers between courses
- Assisting in weekend workshops
- Helping to manage inventory
- Building jigs and fixtures
- Helping out in other areas as needed
Qualifications: The ideal candidate:
- Is comfortable with a flexible schedule
- Has experience with carpentry and machinery repair
- Has CAD and CNC experience
- Has a strong interest in exploring personal work within the community of Fellows
- Has sufficient woodworking experience to pursue personal projects independently
Hours: 20 hours/week
Compensation: $14.00/hour. No additional benefits.
Bench space: The Facilities Assistant is assigned bench space in the Jackson Building along with participants in the Fellowship program. We encourage the Facilities Assistant to pursue his/her personal woodworking projects as an adjunct Fellow and participate fully in scheduled critiques.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.